New Year’s resolutions often get a bad reputation for being made in the spur-of-the-moment or for simply being unfeasible over the long term. However, this is often due to the poor psychology that surrounds such resolutions, giving the average individual an ‘out’ where they can break their goals without good reason.
We believe 2020 should be a time to embrace your resolutions and strengthen them with smart habits and sensible behaviours. However, just like your investments you should diversify your resolutions. When you place all your eggs in one basket, it’s easy for resolutions to fall by the wayside at the first sign of a challenge. But by diversifying your strategies, you can balance the good with the difficult as you navigate the year ahead.
Here are some ideas to kick-start your resolutions for 2020:
- Not sure whether you’re putting enough into your retirement fund? Use a superannuation calculator to predict how much you should be investing every year in order to live a comfortable lifestyle once you’ve retired.
- Explore alternative means of bumping up your super. Would salary sacrifice make a minimal impact on your general budget but really bolster your super over the next five years?
- How well do you really know your bank balance? There are plenty of tools available online to help you become a better budgeter this year – and the extra money you save could always be invested to grow your wealth and super.
- Focus on halal wealth management ideas that appeal to your personal values but will also build your wealth over the long term. Get in touch with us today to find out how we can help with regard to superannuation or otherwise point you in the right direction based on our Islamic values and beliefs.
- Maybe 2020 is the year you change your approach to car management. Perhaps you don’t need that extra set of wheels that just sits in your garage and racks up expensive registration fees. Would taking public transport to work instead of driving save time, money and a lot of stress? There may be more options at your disposal than you realise.
The bottom line is that your financial future should always be tied to your personal values. That’s why Crescent Wealth is the perfect partner for you, as we are invested in providing ethical super and supporting your financial goals.