Crescent Wealth is authorised to ask for your tax file number (TFN) in line with the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993. Crescent Wealth will only use your TFN for lawful purposes. These purposes may change in the future if there are changes to the legislation.
Crescent Wealth may pass your TFN to any other super fund or account to which your super is transferred in the future unless you request in writing that this not be done.
By providing your TFN as part of this online application, you provide consent to the trustee of the Crescent Wealth Superannuation Fund to use it as permitted by law (from time to time) including:
- work out any tax payable;
- pass your TFN to the Australian Taxation Office when you receive your Crescent Wealth Superannuation Fund payout or have amounts transferred to the Australian Taxation Office under the Government’s Unclaimed Money Legislation;
- report details of contributions to the Australian Taxation Office for working out whether any tax is applicable if contributions for you exceed certain limits; and
- where required by law, pass your TFN to other Government agencies.
By providing your TFN as part of this online application, you provide consent to the trustee of the Crescent Wealth Superannuation Fund to use your TFN:
- to search the Australian Taxation Office’s (ATO) registers to help locate any super accounts or benefits you may have with other funds or the ATO; and
- to consolidate any lost, unclaimed, inactive or other amounts held by the ATO for you, into your Crescent Wealth Superannuation Fund account
Choosing not to provide your TFN is not an offence. However, if you don’t provide your TFN, you will be unable to proceed with this online application and you will need to complete a paper version of the application form if you wish to apply to join Crescent Wealth.
If you need help or require more information, please contact our Helpline Team on 1300 926626. We’re here to help.