Western Digital Corp.
Western Digital Corporation develops and manufactures data storage devices and solutions that address the needs of businesses and consumers. It provides the infrastructure that enables the proliferation of data in a diverse number of industries. The company’s portfolio of technologies and products addresses client devices and solutions and data centre devices and solutions. The company has been providing products for over 50 years, enabling people to create and share memories through their innovative storage solutions. The company’s products include hard disk drives, NAND flash, solid-state drives and storage platforms, in addition to consumer products for professional, personal and shared storage use. The company markets their products under the Western Digital®, SanDisk®, WD® and G-Technology™ brands.
The company has positively contributed to the communities in which it operates through its Global Giving and Doing initiative, where it focuses on three areas:
1. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education
- Western Digital has a goal of providing increased access to STEM Education to underrepresented and underprivileged youth on a global scale
- The company supports diversity and inclusion in education through three scholarship programs, awarding 254 scholarships in 2019, 60% of those awarded to women
2. Hunger Relief
- The company focuses on alleviating the immediate need for food on a local level and supporting organizations that seek to eradicate hunger through strategic initiatives
- In 2019, the company provided 6.4 million meals throughout the world through its annual Rise Against Hunger Campaign
3. Environmental Preservation
- The company supports non-profit and non-governmental (NGO) partners with an environmental focus, including those that provide public education of local and global environmental issues and supporting relief efforts in times of natural disaster
- In 2019, the company participated in 40 different environmentally-focused volunteer events and 173 volunteer grants to non-profit and NGO partners
Performance to February 22, 2021: USD AUD
YTD 22.5% 19.0%
Since Inception (October 31, 2018) 68.1% 50.1
Did you find this helpful? Why not share this news?
Chief Investment Officer
Strategic leader with 19 years of industry experience and over 7 years in executive and senior management positions leading small to medium sized multi-functional operations in the funds management and superannuation industry. A record of delivering outstanding investment outcomes for members and a proven track record in driving member engagement through investment education and insights.