TFN Collection Statement
Crescent Wealth is authorised to ask for your tax file number (TFN) in line with the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993. Crescent Wealth will only use your TFN for lawful purposes. These purposes may change in the future if there are changes to the legislation.
Crescent Wealth may pass your TFN to any other super fund or account to which your super is transferred in the future unless you ask that this not be done. By providing your TFN as part of this online application:
- On your written authority, the trustee may use your TFN to search the ATO SuperMatch database, recover any super monies held by the ATO in your name, and automatically transfer those monies to your Crescent Wealth account. The monies held by the ATO include superannuation guarantee contributions, superannuation holding accounts, superannuation co-contributions, low-income contributions and unclaimed superannuation monies. We will notify you of those amounts transferred to your Crescent Wealth account;
- searching the ATO SuperMatch database will also provide a list of other superannuation accounts held in your name, and we will provide you with information about those accounts and how you can consolidate them with your Crescent Wealth account
- Crescent Wealth will use the ATO Member Account Attribute service (MAAS) to verify your TFN, name and date of birth.
- Crescent Wealth will be able to accept all types of contributions made by or for you (some limits may apply).
- You can avoid paying tax at a higher rate than would otherwise apply to your super benefit.
- It will be easier for you to find your super in the future and ensure that you receive all of your super benefits when you retire.
Choosing not to provide your TFN is not an offence. However, if you don’t provide your TFN, you will be unable to proceed with this online application, and you will need to complete a paper version of the application form if you wish to apply to join Crescent Wealth.
If you need help or require more information, please call the Helpline on 1300 926 626.